Date: October 24, 2018 Length: Full Day 8:30 am - 1:30pm Where: Twenty Toronto Street Conference Centre Cost: CDL Members $152.55 CICMA/CIAA Members $67.50 Non-Members $186.45 Accreditation: Approx 4.5 hours CPD with the LSO, RIBO Accreditation Pending Approval
Teresa Drijber (CICMA, OSBIE), Sonja Bonanni (CIAA, Crawford), and Steven Nicoletta (CDL, Genest Murray LLP)
This joint program between CDL, CICMA and CIAA is developed to appeal to Adjusters, Claims Managers and Lawyers.
A Panel on Concussion:Catherine Zingg & George Anderson of Flaherty McCarthy will lead the conversation on concussion,
as we hear about it’s impact from concussion victim Jeremy McLeod.
AB Update: Sven Mascarenhas, Gilbert Kirby Stringer
Hear from LAT Expert Sven Mascarenhas on the latest cases from the LAT as well as other news on AB!
The Art of Negotiation: Talaal Bond, Matthews Abogado - When to negotiate
- How - meetings/conferences/mediation?
- Pre-judgement interest-MVA
- Procedural issues-how to move a case along
Duty to Defend: An Update Louise James, Genest Murray
- Progressive Homes Limited v. Lombard General Insurance 
The True Nature Test - Carneiro v. Durham (Regional Municipality), 2015
Discussion of RioCan Holdings Inc. v. Intact 2017 Pre-judgement interest-MVA
WSIB: Auto & Liability: Pat Forte, Miller Thomson
- An Overview of the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act
- Interface with Accident Benefits
- Interface with auto and occupier’s liability claims
- Elections, Subrogation, Right to Sue
In the Event of a Postal Strike please register online, Fax form to 416-640-7202 or Phone 416-340-9859 to arrange payment by cheque