The Canadian Defence Lawyers' Continuing Legal Education Committee was the first committee established when CDL was formed in 1995, with the mandate of developing an providing education that addressed the issues faced by Defence lawyers across Canada.
CLE Committee members have the chance to advance and influence educational content by assisting with the planning of our continuing legal education across Canada. Each province is unique and members from each region provide that unique local perspective. The committee includes CDL leaders, other committee representatives and members at large.
The Committee Chair is the executive's 1st Vice President. The 2021/2022 Chair is Andrea Lim, of Dutton Brock LLP in Toronto, Ontario,
Committee Mandate & Duties
- Report on the current status of CLEs;
- Receive recommendations from the membership at large, Board members and Staff as to new CLE programming;
- Identify chairs for CLE programming and consult with chairs as necessary with respect to content and scheduling
- Identify chair/vice-chair for AGM CLE.
- Approval of future CLE dates and any changes to current CLEs such as location changes to ensure:
- the local/regional market can support whatever new programming might be proposed
- there are volunteers available to act as chairs and program planning committees
- CLE committee should include a representative from each substantive committee, Young Lawyers, Women’s Caucus, and In-house Counsel Committees.
If you are interested in the CLE committee, please contact Mary-Ellen Thibodeau email@example.com