Canadian Defence Lawyers is a voice and a resource for civil defence lawyers providing a national perspective, quality defence-specific education and networking opportunities
Unite | Inform | Advance
If you have a civil defence practice CDL is where you can advance professionally and personally. We provide a national focus on issues uniting the defence bar with the flexibility to address local and regional jurisdictional concerns. We offer a single voice to the insurance industry by communicating concerns, advocating on critical issues and advancing the position of the defence bar.
Why Join CDL?
There is no other education provider who can offer specialized, targeted continuing education tailored to the defence bar. But CDL is much more than just a CLE provider. We are a community of members united in our professional activities.
- Defence-specific accredited CLE
- Discounted CLE registration
- CPD information
- In person, webcast, audio
- Hearsay newsletter
- Private member-only communities to chat online about experts, case law, legislative developments
- Digital library of CLE and materials
- E-updates on changing case law
- Public Policy influence
- Career postings to a targeted job market
- Active Young Lawyers Group
- Substantive Law Committees
- Experts Information
Lead | Refer | Mentor
You can collect CPD credits or you can get more involved with the association By joining committees and training for volunteer leadership positions at CDL you will have the chance to:
- Influence substantive law in your jurisdiction and nationally
- Share your knowledge with colleagues
- Gain leadership experience
- Build professional relationships with other associations both local and international
- Expand your skillset
- Increase your marketability
- Elevate your career
- Expand your business network
- Position your firm for success
CDL is here to train and support the leaders of tomorrow's defence bar. We look to the senior members of the bar to join us in mentoring and developing our new lawyers through education and collegiality.